Good article about implementing Microsoft Dara Protection Mannager.
What is DPM:
System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2010 is a server-based application that enables disk-based and tape-based data protection and recovery for computers in and across Active Directory domains. DPM performs replication, synchronization, and recovery point creation to provide reliable protection and rapid recovery of data both by system administrators and by end-users.
DPM is designed to run on a dedicated, single-purpose server. The DPM server should not be installed on any of the following:
- A computer on which the Application Server role is installed
- A computer that is a System Center Operations Manager management server
- A computer on which Exchange Server is running
- A computer that is a node of a cluster
DPM 2010 designed to protect:
- Windows Servers
- Windows server 2003 to Windows server 2008 R2
- Essential Business Server 2008 and Small Business Server 2008
- Application Servers
- Exchange Server 2003 through 2010
- SQL Server 2000 through 2010
View original post 241 more words